Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"How It's Done" with Devon Rose - Part 2

Today, I'm wrapping up our time with designer and mommy, Emily from Devon Rose.

R
ead on below and here about her life and business and how she keeps everything in balance. Then, check out her brand new Etsy shop, The Payne where you'll find her eclectic and comfy take on women's ready-to-wear.

~What resources do you use (books, blogs, websites, people) to help encourage and educate you? Devon and I spend a lot of time at the bookstore. I'm constantly checking out whats going on with women's and girl's fashion. Mostly, I enjoy Japanese and British fashion mags.

As far as books on the subject, I highly recommend "The Fashion Designer Survival Guide" (an insiders look at starting and running your own fashion business)by Mary Gehlhar.

~
What do you feel is your most important characteristic in helping you live your life well and keeping things in balance? I've always manged to keep a youthful attitude (I would say almost to the point of immaturity up until the birth of my daughter) but, I feel that it really helps me to put things into prospective and not "sweat the small stuff" all the time.

A youthful attitude..its one of the many things that I love about my husband, who is always curious about everything, can turn the most mundane project into a ridiculously funny moment, and always knows how to make me smile.

~What advice would you give to another working/blogging mom if they asked you for it? Try to keep things in perspective. Don't beat yourself up if you weren't able to complete everything on your "to do" list for today. Remember to take time for yourself to just chill and be happy :)

And that's How It's Done - thanks, Emily! Now, I'm going to do a little more window shopping at The Payne...

No comments: